When women enter their 40s and 50s, the body undergoes significant changes due to hormone levels, known as menopause. It’s a normal sign of aging; however, it can be unpleasant. Symptoms include:
• Changes in your menstrual cycle
• Hot flashes and night sweats
• Vaginal changes
• Emotional changes such as mood swings, tearfulness and irritability
• Urinary problems
• Trouble with memory and staying focused
• A decrease in sex drive
• Weight increase around the waist
• Hair loss or thinning
• Increased growth of facial hair
Once you understand the symptoms of menopause, it can be helpful to make some lifestyle changes in order to combat uncomfortable symptoms (such as diet, exercise, etc.). Additionally, there are treatment options available, including hormone replacement therapy and dietary and/or herbal supplements.
Call us today and make your appointment to discuss options that are a fit for you with our doctor at In Vogue Total Women’s Healthcare.